This spring, I removed relocated, and resealed a lot of the deck hardware using butyl rubber. While I had the hardware off, I also took the opportunity to seal up the balsa core around each hole. I was surprised that most of the holes in the deck weren’t sealed with epoxy–even the ones that were drilled at the factory. Luckily, I didn’t find too many spots where the core was damp.
In Part 2, I finish rebuilding the shelf and Chainplate knee, and make a new chainplate for our Bristol 26 sailboat.
We found some hidden surprises (i.e. lots of work) when we removed the carpet from the cabin walls of our Bristol 26.
The first thing I did to our boat was replace the original seacocks which were all frozen open.
We sold our first sailboat, which was a 22’ Seafarer. It was a nice sailboat, and I learned a lot about sailing and sailboat maintenance, but we wanted something a little different. The Seafarer has a roomy cockpit, but the cabin was small and lacked standing headroom. It also had a fixed keel, which made […]